The best place to store an automobile is residential garage which is safe and secure. Rough weather conditions can affect the condition of your automobile. That’s the reason why you will see residential garages in most houses. However, some automobile owners think differently. Some owners want to have a perfect storage space for their automobile. This is usually based on the size and durability of an automobile. To fulfill different requirements of different automobile owners, there are various types of automobile storage units out there. Let’s have a look at the most commonly used storage units.
This type of storage unit is a popular choice for both industrial and residential purposes. It is available with a sturdy platform that provides full protection to an automobile against direct sun rays. This storage unit doesn’t have side walls due to which the overhead platform can provide only partial protection from rain, debris and snow. However, this type of storage unit is still the most popular option for several reasons:
- It is a highly cost-effective storage option.
- A covered storage unit can have the depth up to 50 feet. This depth makes this unit suitable for both long and heavy duty industrial vehicles.
- This storage unit has a floor which is a high quality asphalt surface. Asphalt is a far better choice than other materials like grass or gravel. This is mainly because asphalt doesn’t allow bugs or pests to grow.
- This storage unit has on-site managers, along with a number of other security features due to which it is a safe storage option.
Outdoor Storage Units
The second most popular storage unit for automobiles is outdoor storage unit. These types of storage units are popular for a number of reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- These units are the most economical and cost-effective storage solutions among all the other automobile storage choices.
- These units have open areas, and therefore, the automobile owner doesn’t have to worry about the size of their automobile.
- Vehicles are quite vulnerable to damage or theft due to which maximum security should be used to protect vehicles from potential damage or theft. These storage units offer maximum security because they are highly secure.
- Outdoor storage units have floor which is a high quality asphalt surface. As mentioned above, asphalt is a better choice than gravel or grass.
Enclosed Storage Units
The third most popular storage units for automobiles are enclosed storage units. Let’s have a look at the top reasons why these units are popular.
- Enclosed storage units have depth of up to 50 feet. This depth makes these units suitable for long and heavy-duty industrial vehicles.
- These units are highly secure because they have electric garage door openers, along with a long-term, pre-paid lease.
- These units don’t have site managers, security cameras and other security measures, but still they are secure because of their structure.
There is a downside to these storage units. They are very expensive and may be out of the reach of many people. However, if you want to buy an enclosed storage unit, you can find a discount deal or buy it from seasonal specials.
Now that you know what different types of storage units for automobiles are available, you can make a well-informed decision for the storage of your automobile.