The job search has evolved in a significant way from looking at job advertisements in the newspapers to navigating on the Internet. Both online job boards and job search engines are where job candidates can quickly find job listings or postings. Today, these sites are considered as the best job hunting tool one can use on the Internet. It is important to know that a job board and a job search engine differ in their function. Moreover, these two terms are often used interchangeably, and it can be a bit confusing to determine how they are different. In short, they are both online platforms where you can quickly find job listings or postings.
Difference between Job Boards and Job Search Engines
Job boards are referred to individual websites that list job vacancies provided by employers to recruit job candidates. As a result, job candidates can look through a particular job board for vacancies and apply to those positions that meet their qualifications, skills, and work experience. Usually, employers pay a listing fee to post their job vacancies on the job board for a specific period. In addition, job boards generally have fewer job listings than job search engines.
A job search engine works differently by aggregating job listings from various job boards and websites. Job search engines act just like other major search engines such as Google or Bing – going through thousands of web pages or websites finding available job listings and displaying them in the result pages.
A job board does not typically search for other jobs posted on different sites unless they use a job backfill technology to supplement their current job listings. Job backfilling means using other job search engine to pre-populate one’s job board for additional job postings. The job backfill technology allows a job board site owner to earn additional revenue if people click on those job vacancies from their sites.
How Does a Job Board Operate?
Generally, a job board displays job listings which have been submitted by employers or recruiters on behalf of various companies that have job vacancies and are looking for candidates to fill the positions. Sometimes, a job board would feature a specific job posting to maximize the exposure of the job itself. In short, the postings on job boards allow employers or recruiters describe the job role and its duties, and specify certain qualifications they are looking for in job candidates. As a result, job seekers apply the job vacancies which they are interested in via the site. The employers or recruiters will then evaluate the applications submitted and invite top candidates for interviews, and so on. The employers may post the same job vacancy on numerous job boards to increase the odds of finding the best candidates.
Benefits of Using a Job Board
Job boards can be a fantastic resource when hunting for a job. In addition to allowing you to search various jobs that meet your requirements, you can also create custom searches by using certain keywords, upload your resume, and stay updated for new jobs. Here are several benefits of using job boards when seeking for a job:
- Allows you to view the latest job vacancies – Utilizing job boards can enable you to view the latest vacancies that match your interests. Most job boards have a keyword search tool which allows you to find quickly find the jobs you are seeking.
- Useful tips to find a job – Many job boards offer you additional information such as providing career-related tips to assist in making the most of your job search, coming up with excellent interviews strategies, and many more.
- Job listing alerts – Many job boards have features such as Job Alerts, which allows you to receive new job opportunities that meet your interests straight to your e-mail address. It can save you a lot of time searching for suitable employment opportunities.
- Employers come to you – Another significant benefit of a job board is that it can help make your application process more efficient. Posting your resume on a specific job board may allow prospective employers and recruiters look for certain talents to find your resume and invite you to apply.
- Specialization – Niche job boards provide a great benefit to both employers and job seekers. For employers, niche job boards can help to reduce under-qualified or irrelevant applicants. Additionally, niche job boards make it easier for job candidates to find listings which are most relevant to their needs, work experience, or qualifications.
As expected, job boards can provide ideal online platforms for deaf and hard of hearing job candidates to take advantage when seeking new job opportunities. However, there are so many job boards available on the Internet today, which can make it quite an overwhelming choosing the right one. Fortunately, we have reviewed DeafJobWizard.com, a top-notch deaf job board that every employer or recruiter should post their job vacancies targeting deaf and hard of hearing job candidates. This board also targets hearing people who want to work with deaf people.
Site Description and Features
DeafJobWizard.com is self-described as a niche-oriented job board that only lists deaf-related jobs in multiple job categories for both deaf and hearing job seekers. This site also has unique features including:
- Easy navigation – DeafJobWizard.com does not yield false hits like many other job search engine sites. The job postings listed on this website are guaranteed to target people looking to work in the deaf fields. DeafJobWizard.com eliminates the need to sift through the listings that have nothing to do with deaf and hard of hearing people.
- No opening accounts or contracts required – Both employers and job seekers do not have to open accounts with DeafJobWizard.com. Also, the employers can post their job vacancies on the website’s submission form without a contract or long-term commitment.
- Maximum exposure of its job postings – DeafJobWizard.com not only advertise its job listings on their website but on all of their company social media channels to maximize exposure of its job ads.
- Niche Specialization– DeafJobWizard.com only works with employers or recruiters that aim to advertise jobs to both deaf and hard of hearing job candidates.
Advantages for Employers
- DeafJobWizard.com lists specialized jobs for both deaf and hard of hearing people as well as hearing people working with deaf people.
- Unlike other job search websites, DeafJobWizard.com posts job vacancies on its website for the employers via e-mail requests or online job ad submission forms.
- Super low and transparent job posting prices – the website does not use the cost per click model, which allow employers to know exactly how much they will pay.
- As an employer, you do not need to open an account or sign a contract to post job vacancies.
- Job candidates apply directly with the employers.
- Relevant hashtags are used on social media platforms to maximize the exposure of the job postings.
- Informative and engaging blog articles are available to the employers on best practices in hiring and working with deaf and hard of hearing employees.
Advantages for Job Candidates
- On DeafJobWizard.com, you will find jobs which specifically targets deaf and hard of hearing people or the American Sign Language users.
- As a job candidate, you do not need to open an account with DeafJobWizard.com to apply for jobs.
- No uploading job candidates’ private information or resumes (no snooping by the system administrators!)
- Allow candidates to apply directly to the employers
- All the job postings are screened carefully – no fake job postings.
- Provide a large number of incredibly helpful blog articles on employment-related topics.
- Like many niche job boards, DeafJobWizard.com does not have plentiful job listings on their state web pages; however, this can be easily remedied if more employers post their job vacancies on this website.
The Final Verdict
DeafJobWizard.com is recognized as the top deaf job board available in the market today. This website is user-friendly and offers useful information in your job search through its monthly blog. If you are looking for deaf job opportunities or job vacancies that require you to use sign language, DeafJobWizard.com is the best site to visit.