Plastics are synthetic or semi-synthetic material that is used in a huge range of products in various ways and it is almost everywhere. While there are some of the more prominent plastic items, such as polyethene bags or say toys, there are certain items made of plastic that are not so commonly known but are widely used. One of such things is a plastic tube. Did you know its many advantages? Or, what makes it so indispensable? Read on to know more.
What is a Plastic Tube?
These are cylindrical tubes made to serve a variety of industries and suited for a plethora of purposes. Plastic tubes are in high demand because of its durability and versatility to be used in numerous ways and places.
There’s a whole process called “plastic tubing” cutting across industries and is in huge demand.
Given the versatility of a plastic tube, they are abrasion resistance and its high elasticity enables it to be custom-fitted.
Read on to know more about the advantages of using a plastic tube.
Advantages of Plastic Tubes:
- Economical: Compared to tubes of other materials and substances, plastic tubes cost less and are, therefore, economical. And given the fact that they have a wide application base, it becomes even cheaper.
- Insulative properties: Plastic tubes and pipes have insulative properties. This characteristic prevents condensation when pipes carry cold water, and similarly, during transmission of hot water, heat loss is prevented.
- Corrosion resistant: When you’re thinking of a plastic tube, you can’t usually imagine it as rusting or decayed. The most injurious to its health is probably a crack, preceded by a chip. Most plastics that are used on a large scale and with several applications are corrosion resistant. This makes them desirable to be used in several ways and for a variety of purposes.
- Temperature resistant: One of the biggest advantages of using the plastic tube is its ability to withstand high temperatures. There several grades of plastic tubing such as HDPE, CPVC, PPR and so on, and each of them have different degrees of resistance to heat, but usually, temperature resistance is a constant feature. But it’s also a fact that resistance to extremities of weather varies by the kind of material in the plastic tube.
- No mineral build-up: In PVC and PE pipes, there’s no build-up of mineral on their insides, and this is an important feature for pipes that transport water. Important to notice, most iron pipes are now being replaced by PVC and PE pipes solely because of their durability and corrosion resistance properties.
- Environment-friendly: When you’re using building materials as a responsible citizen, it’s important to be as environmentally conscious as possible. A plastic tube or plastic pipe leaves behind far lesser carbon footprint than other tubing or piping. In fact, a plastic tube is recyclable and reusable.
- Helps in noise reduction: A plastic tube is great for use in applications that reduce noise. Plastic components are made in a way to aid in the greater absorption of sound and vibration absorption.
- Long-term: Given the noise over plastic being non-biodegradable, it’s already established how long-lasting can a plastic tube be. This is especially useful when you’re making repairs that need to last longer and may tend to be subjected to harsh conditions. Plastic provides the required durability and longevity.
Summing up a Plastic Tube and Its Clout
You probably didn’t know what a plastic tube can do or why it is in such high demand. Being conscious of everyday objects can make you take better decisions regarding the materials you use in your household. It not only makes you smarter but also saves your time and money.
Hayley Potter is an expert writer, blogger with strong passion in writing for several topics such as Business, Health/Fitness, Lifestyle, Home décor, Travel, Automotive etc. Follow her on Google+ and Twitter.