So, he has got down on his knees and you have a ring on your finger today. Now is the time to plan up your big day. This goes without saying that it is an overwhelming task as it happens to be one of the largest parties that you will ever throw.
You have to devote over 300 hours apart from making a huge investment for planning the party. That is why it is advisable to appoint the pro party planner for this. These days, party planners are for everyone. They are not just limited to people with unlimited budget.
Today wedding planners are indispensable for many couples. Their services are well worth the price. They help to realise your dream wedding and design it just the way you want it by booking the venue, hiring the vendors, making sure that everything goes on according to plan so that you can keep your sanity.
But it becomes a challenge to go about deciding whom to choose for the job so that your special day continues without any problem. Just go through the following tips to know.
- Do the Research – You must do the research of your own and check out the prospective wedding planners’ websites. Take a look at the weddings that they have covered and also pay special attention to the photographs and try to judge the style of the wedding. Apart from that, try to look for any awards or certificates which they may have received and check whether they are part of any professional association. You can also ask your friends and family for references.
- Plan Up the Meeting – When you are going for meeting the planner face-to-face, bring the photos, the Pinterest picks, the magazine tear-outs and the inspiration boards. During these meetings you have to judge the quality of work that they have done in the past by going through their portfolio. It is not just the work but you also have to look at their personalities to make sure that you will be able to work with them for the next few months. Give in your choice of colours and see how they react. The proficient planner should be able to blend in and work with your choice.
- Look for References –Once you have talked to them, your next task begins. It doesn’t mean that you have to book the wedding planner then and there. You should ask the name and number of the previous clients. You must call them to know the questions like whether the planner stuck to the budget, did he or she listen to you and interpret their ideas and whether the event was organised the way you wanted and so on.
- Contract Stipulations – It is vital to understand the contract that you are signing and you are okay with everything that the package contains. There are lot of things involved in wedding planning from deciding the venue and setting up vendor relations to designing the rehearsal dinners and deciding the guest list. You should make sure that the planner knows what your priorities are and everything is stated clearly in the contract. Do not even leave out the minute details.
- Seal the Deal – Take some time to compare and contrast notes, impressions and prices and also the formal proposals that you have received. Once you have decided on a particular planner call him or her up immediately and sign the contract as soon as possible.
The above are the steps by following which you can appoint the most proficient and experiential event agency for your wedding. The right wedding planner will ensure that everything goes as planned and you can just sit back and enjoy while he or she arranges for everything else.